AZA Annual Conference 2018 – Seattle
Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) annual meeting 2018
When: September 23-27, 2018
Location: Seattle, WA
Hosted by the Seattle Aquarium and Woodland Park Zoo
Membership Consultants will be participating in two sessions at AZA. We hope you'll join us at both of them!
Maximizing Impact, Revenue, Visitation and Membership with Special Exhibitions and New Features
Wednesday, Sept. 26th from 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Zoos and aquariums educate and entertain their publics. We are increasingly in a world that demands something new, different and eye-popping on a regular basis. To meet those expectations and the every-growing revenue and support demands, zoos and aquariums must fill their calendars with changing exhibitions and animal opportunities that our publics seek. This session looks at traveling exhibitions and new exhibit introductions from all angles with respect to maximizing the impact from many perspectives - driving attendance, increasing membership, elevating the in-park spend of visitors, raising the awareness of the institution and the good work that it is doing.
- Dana Hines, Vice President of Membership, Membership Consultants
- Andy Wood, Chief Operating Officer, The Florida Aquarium
- Brooke Wardrop, Senior Driector of Marketing and Communications, Zoo New England
- Kimberly Kirkhart, Director of Membership, Santa Barbara Zoo
- Aaron Cleveland, Chief Operating Officer, Build 4 Impact
New Ideas for On-site Member and Donor Acquisition - They're Already Here, We Might as Well Ask Them!
Wednesday, Sept. 26th from 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
On-site acquisition is a tried and true sales channel for membership programs, usually with membership staff behind a window at the entrance. But what if you could reach potential members before they're at the window? Or craft the initial conversation to promote more than single day admission? Or approach visitors after they're inside? And if you were to do those things, what data should you collect to make sure you're using your resources wisely? Participants will leave this room with at least one small (or BIG) idea you'll want to try at your home zoo or aquarium.
- Karen Mariani, Account Executive, Membership Consultants
- Sarah Scates, Membership Manager, Oakland Zoo
- Nathalie Jolucoeur, Manager, Member Relations, Houston Zoo
- Elizabeth Grover, Development & Member Services Manager, Roger Williams Park Zoo
- Andrea Hill, Marketing and Communications Director, Brevard Zoo
- Jeff Spitko, Director of Membership, San Diego Zoo Global
- Zach Winfield, Director of Analysis, Zoo Advisors
- Emma Vernon, Director of Membership, Dallas Zoo
For more information on the conference or to register, visit AZA's Conference website